These foods not only make you look younger, but they also make you feel great. It’s never too late to start making healthier food choices, but sometimes a well-balanced diet that covers the food groups isn’t simply enough.
Superfoods can fall into any food group, and adding them to the foods and meals that you eat every day is one of the easiest things to do. This makes it so easy to get all the nutrients you need, without resulting to that horrible 4-letter word, D I E T.
10 Superfoods for a Super Healthy You
Here are ten of my absolutely favorite superfoods. I have also listed some of the ways that I manage to incorporate these foods that make you look younger into my family’s meals. It even works for the picky eaters in our family who rely on nutritional supplements!
- Chili peppers – These fat-burning hotties are loaded with antioxidants and have twice the vitamin C of popular citrus fruits. I don’t just use them in chili – they’re great in salads, soups, homemade salsa, and sprinkled into melted cheese or dark chocolate fondue.
- Blueberries – These little round fruits are absolutely full of antioxidants, phytoflavinoids, potassium, and Vitamin C making them a wonderful food to incorporate into your diet. We love blueberries by themselves, in pancakes or over French toast, or in smoothies.
- Avocados – Avocados are filled with the “good” fat, monounsaturated oleic acid. Avocados are so versatile. Slice them for use with tacos or sandwiches. Dice them into salads or nachos. And don’t forget low carb, scrumptious guacamole!
- Sweet Potatoes – This sweeter, healthier version of white potatoes is a superfood due to its ability to provide the body with vital nutrients like carotene and Vitamin A. Sweet potatoes make great casseroles, but are also good baked, fried, or mashed.
- Spinach – Women in need of iron should look no further than spinach as a natural supplement. If you can’t stand it the taste or texture of cooked spinach, then use it raw in salads, or drop a handful of baby spinach leaves into your blueberry yogurt smoothie.
- Cinnamon – This metabolism booster is also full of antioxidants! Add cinnamon to your coffee, cereal, tea, baked sweet potato, yogurt, or anything else you can imagine that would taste well with the spice.
- Miso – This wonderful paste is actually fermented soybeans, and is filled with protein, B12, and zinc. One of the most common ways to use miso is in soup or stew base, such as minestrone, or vegetarian chili.
- Yogurt – Whether you need calcium, phosphorus, or protein, yogurt is able to supply you with what you need along with healthy probiotics. Yogurt is delicious plain, added into your breakfast or dessert smoothie, or even as a replacement for ingredients in some baking recipes.
- Sesame seeds – These tiny seeds provide you with zinc, phosphorus, and calcium. While most often found in a single-serving package by themselves, they make great additions to salads, muffins, and homemade, healthy trail mix.
- Green Tea – This metabolism boosting drink is filled with antioxidants and EGCG, which help protect your heart. Whether you drink it as part of a raw juice diet, add it to a chai smoothie, or use it to make breads or pastries, your metabolism will thank you!
How Superfoods Promote Good Health
Superfoods do so many good things for your health. They aren’t just foods that make you look younger! From young children to the elderly, everyone should eat superfoods as much as possible (www.aarp.org). Here are some of the benefits:
- Digestive System – Superfoods work to balance the digestive system, especially when ones like yogurt that provide the added benefit of probiotics.
- Cholesterol – Superfoods help to lower your bad cholesterol, which promotes better physical health.
- Inflammation – Superfoods reduce inflammation, like the type experienced after a good workout or after some type of accident that causes muscle or joint pain.
How Busy Women Look Younger
Along with eating foods that make you look younger, another thing that helps is using natural skin care products, like Pangea Organics Balancing Oil. It applies so easily to all skin types, allowing the users to reap benefits of combined ingredients like geranium and pomegranate.
If you’ve been eating foods that make you look younger but are still plagued by crow’s feet and laugh lines, then try Pangea Organics Balancing Oil. Even if you aren’t yet cursed by these tell-tale signs of aging, it could help hold them off. Click here to order yours now!