There are a lot of products that claim to help reverse signs of aging, and some of these products are more reputable than others. However you can also eat healthier to reverse signs of aging – like improving your memory.
These foods are called brain foods, and for good reason. They help you think with better clarity by sweeping away all those cobwebs called distracting thoughts that make trying to concentrate on one topic feel like trying to watch a movie while channel surfing with the television remote.
The Best Foods to Improve Your Memory Power
You do not have to go to the health food store to find brain foods. You could already have them in your backyard garden, refrigerator, or pantry right now! Here are my favorite brain foods. Some of them might be yours, too!
- HEALTHY FATS – There is so much negativity surrounding the word fat that people forget about healthy omega-3 oils. Salmon, albacore tuna, flax seed and canola oils, walnuts, and eggs all help the brain grow neurons and cells necessary for proper function.
- ANTIOXIDANTS – Have you heard about free radicals? They float in the bloodstream and break down brain cells. Antioxidants from berries, carrots, garlic, spinach, tea, red grapes, soy, tomatoes, and whole grains keep the free radicals at bay.
- TYROSINE PROTEINS – Neurotransmitters like tryptophan are necessary for brain health, but come from food. You can add it when you eat enough dairy, eggs, seafood, and soy food products.
- HYDRATION – Staying hydrated isn’t just necessary to flush toxins from your skin and body, but it is also required for adequate mental energy. Mild dehydration can cause memory impairment, so make sure you get at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- VITAMINS – You don’t have to be a picky eater or follow some type of strict diet plan to benefit from a multivitamin. Vitamins B6, B12, and C as well as iron and calcium are like building blocks for brain function. Some medical professionals link vitamin deficiency to learning impairment.
- FIBER – Fiber slows down how quick your body absorbs sugar, which allows your brain to absorb it at a slower, steadier pace and prevent overloading. Things like dried apricots, fresh broccoli, spinach, kidney beans, almonds, avocados, and whole grains are all filled with fiber.
Exercise Your Brain – with Exercise!
A human’s brain makes up 2% of its total body weight giving it more brain per pound than any other creature on earth (www.brainpower.org). Just like keeping our bodies fit, we need to keep our brains fit, too.
Yoga is one way to keep both our bodies and our minds fit. The low impact movements and even the overall relaxing environment is a great way to recharge – both physically and mentally.
However a good hard run through the park with your dog, lifting weights, swimming laps at the community pool, dance workouts like Zumba, or anything else that suits your lifestyle and exercise needs will make you feel more relaxed and healthy, which is a brain booster in itself.
Do You Need a Supplement?
Sometimes it seems like no matter how healthy your diet and how strict you stay to your exercise plan, things just aren’t working. When this happens, it is time to supplement what you put into your body – with a dietary supplement.
Last year during the holidays I was nearly overwhelmed with stress. When a friend told me about E3 BrainON, it sounded too good to be true. After getting the okay from my doctor I started taking the recommended 2 capsules per day.
Within just a couple of weeks, I began feeling less stressed, and I was able to think clearer. No matter how much pressure I felt about the upcoming celebrations or what was thrown my way, I stayed in top form!
Now that we are well into 2013, I am still taking 2 capsules per day, which equals out to about 33 cents per capsule. My family and friends enjoy my brighter mood, and I enjoy sharper thinking and feeling more relaxed overall.
No matter how healthy you think you are, you deserve to enjoy all the benefits of E3 BrainON. It comes in capsule or powdered form. You can mix the powder into your favorite breakfast smoothie. Click here to order yours now!