Despite how easy celebrities make it look on late-night infomercials, it’s hard to imagine sipping on nutritious smoothies to whittle your waist and to shrink away the pounds. The phrase delicious, nutritious shake seems a direct contradiction to sexy new swimsuit.
If you’re like me, then maybe you nibbled too many sweets over the holidays. Then maybe you snacked too much through the snow days while working from home. And now even your loosest skinny jeans are feeling a bit TOO snug for comfort.
Finding that you can’t just consume everything that you want and maintain the body you want is one of life’s harshest lessons. It is especially tough for women because society tells us that we have to look good no matter what.
American television personality Kelly Osbourne recently shared, “I never thought in a million years that I’d be that healthy girl who wakes up every morning to exercise. After being called ‘cherubic and chubby’, I’m rocking a bikini!” You know that you want to rock a bikini, too!
Sip Those Extra Pounds Off
Believe it or not, you can lose weight by drinking delicious, nutritious shakes. However they won’t come from a late night infomercial. These are shakes that you make in your kitchen with ingredients that are probably already there, too!
It is so very simple to make nutritious smoothies. You can use them as meal replacements, and even use ingredients that have health benefits like naturally lowering cholesterol or help you stay hydrated.
Here are some of my favorite smoothie recipes. I hope that in short time they’ll join the list of recipes that top your list of favorites as well.
Spinach Berry Smoothies
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 container of vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- 2 cups of ice
Blend until contents are mixed thoroughly and ice is crushed. (By the way, I dislike raw veggies and these are super-duper tasty!)
Banana Protein Weight Loss Smoothie
- 1 scoop of Warrior Whey protein powder
- 1 whole banana
- 1 handful of mixed berries
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of ice
Add ingredients to blender and mix thoroughly for desired texture.
Very Vanilla Blueberry Belly Blaster Smoothie
- 1 daily serving of flaxseed oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 container of light or sugar-free vanilla yogurt, frozen
- 1 cup of milk
Put ingredients in jar and then whip up into a delicious, nutritious smoothie.
My Mean, Green, Blending Machine
These smoothies are an essential part of my weight loss plan. Needless to say, you can’t make a smoothie without a blender. But when my whole family jumped aboard my healthier lifestyle, my department store model just wasn’t cutting it!
The Blendtec HP3A Blender was a lifesaver. It comes with a larger, second jar as well. I can make more than twice the smoothies in half the time, and with two jars I can customize the ingredients for the kids or the grown-ups. (Just don’t tell the kids their smoothies have spinach in them!)
But there are so many other uses for this blender that it has become as essential to my kitchen as my refrigerator or microwave. Here are a few ways that the Blendtec HP3A Blender lets me put the skinny on some of mine and my family’s favorite things:
- Juicing – Say goodbye to squeezing oranges and trying to get every last drop of juice from the pulp. With less calories and zero added sugar, it’s healthier than what comes out of the carton.
- Ice Cream – The Blendtec HP3A Blender mixes up a batch of ice cream that harkens back to what my grandparents used to crank out by hand. The difference is that mine is flavored with fruits and other natural sweeteners.
- Cappuccinos – Stop paying $5 or more for a cup of frou-frou coffee. What I have saved in lattes alone has more than paid for this workhorse of a kitchen appliance. And mine aren’t bogged down with extra calories.
- Bread Dough – My family loves homemade bread but I hate kneading the dough after spending all day typing on a computer. Now my Blendtec does the kneading, and I can still control the ingredients of what goes into the bread.
- Margaritas – Skip the drama (and all the high-calorie beverages) of happy hour and enjoy a perfect margarita at home. The Blendtec lets you make whatever versions you want – even the skinny variety. After all, it’s five o’clock somewhere!
Sip Today for a Slimmer Tomorrow
You can’t put a price on seeing your reflection in the mirror smiling about reaching your target weight. Bikini season waits for no woman, and you don’t have any time to waste when it comes to eating healthier.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov), more than a third of Americans are categorically obese. Even if you have reached your ideal weight, then drinking healthy smoothies can help you tone your body or keep the weight off in the future.
Order your Blendtec HP3A Blender today for a healthier, slimmer you tomorrow. Your well-being and overall happiness is an investment that you can’t afford to pass up!
Product – Blendtec HP3A Blender with 64 oz FourSide AND 96 oz WildSide Carafes