For example, when there is a health issue it gives you a sign, such as swollen gums. Believe it or not, there are many reasons for gum swelling.
American clergyman Douglas Horton once said, “Smile, it’s free therapy.” Maybe that’s why women smile over 60 times per day! (web.augsburg.edu) But when I glanced in the mirror only to have my smiling reflection reveal swollen gums, I thought I would need to schedule a paid therapy session!
I brush, floss, drink water, and eat crunchy fruits and veggies. Isn’t that enough? Apparently it wasn’t enough. And just because I thought I was doing the right things didn’t mean that I was doing them correctly.
Most Popular Reasons for Gum Swelling
After consulting with my dentist, I found out that I was brushing my teeth too hard. In fact, that’s number one among reasons for gum swelling. Here is more information, along with six other popular causes.
- Incorrect Dental Care – Improper brushing and flossing, using the wrong tools, and using too much toothpaste or mouth wash can do more harm than good. If you aren’t sure how to properly take care of your teeth and gums, ask your dentist. He’ll be happy to show you!
- Plaque and Tartar – When you fail to give your teeth and gums the proper care they need, bacteria, mucus, and leftover food in your mouth form plaque. Plaque forms tartar, which leads to gingivitis, a type of gum disease.
- Gingivitis – As explained above, gingivitis is a type of gum disease. Even if you have it, you can help lessen the pain from it by using the proper tools and procedures when caring for your teeth. Untreated, this leads to periodontitis.
- Periodontitis – If you have this, then your gums are inflamed around your teeth. Left untreated, it can cause a bacterial infection that destroys fibers attaching the teeth to your bones. Often normal dentists refer patients diagnosed with this to a specialty dentist called a periodontist.
- Dentures – Wearing dentures is fairly common past a certain age for many people. But wearing a pair that has a poor fit can cause your gums to swell and bleed. Fillings and braces that do not fit correctly have the same effect.
- Malnutrition – Not eating a well-balanced diet or drinking enough water cause gums to swell, and perhaps even bleed. Lacking vitamins B and C, folic acid, and calcium can all lead to gum disease.
- Feminine Issues – Girls are plagued with things like menstruation and pregnancy which can cause slight, albeit temporary, hormonal imbalances. Sadly the result is often one of the reasons for gums swelling.
Repairing the Damage
If you have swollen gums, then you should make an appointment with your dentist. Along with whatever other treatment he suggests be sure to ask about home remedies. There are some very effective, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal ointments that are both raw and vegan.
In fact, even if you have gingivitis, you can reverse the damage using a day to day dental health routine.
Essential oils have so many benefits for your body, especially in ointments for teeth and gums. Here are the benefits of some of the most popular potent oils used in ointments today.
- ROSE – This oil is an anti-viral and anti-inflammatory. Along with lessening gum swelling, it also helps fight infection from bacteria in the mouth.
- PEPPERMINT – Along with tasting really yummy, peppermint oil can help fight bacterial growth, ease toothache pain, and relieve nerve pain.
- CLOVE – This oil is anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-viral. It also acts as a natural antiseptic which helps clean the mouth and gums.
- THYME – Another of the tastier oils, thyme is also an antiseptic, which helps safeguard against swollen gums and infection, as well as inhibiting bacterial growth.
This knowledge is not anything new. These are oils that our grandparents and even great-grandparents relied on before dental care was widely available! But they did not have the advantage of
SurThrival Healthy Gums Potent Oral Care, which has these essential oils and more.
SurThrival Healthy Gums Potent Oral Care is organic, vegan, and raw. Since I began using it, my gums have lost that swollen look and they feel so much better. But the best part was when my dentist gave my mouth a clean bill of health.
Because you use just one drop per day, the bottle lasts a good while! Don’t make my mistake and wait for your gums to swell to discover the best way to keep them healthy. Click here to purchase your bottle of SurThrival Healthy Gums Potent Oral Care today.
Free Podcast Reveals ...
Weekly Tips On How To Improve Your Life In Every Way (Including Lessons from Aunt Marie, Age 99 and Still Driving!")